Jigsaw Blades Sabre & Hacksaw Blades
- High Carbon Steel (HCS)
- High quality carbon steel for use with softer materials, such as soft and hard woods, plastics, and laminated boards.
- High Speed Steel (HSS)
- Hardened high speed steel designed to cut hard materials such as mild steel, aluminum and other non-ferrous metals.
- Bi-Metal (BiM)
- Combining the flexibilty of an HCS body with an HSS hardened cutting edge, resulting in a tough, shatter resistant balde which keeps its edge. Longer service life leads to greater cost effectiveness per blade.
- Tungsten Carbide Grit (TCG)
- Super hard tungsten carbide grit bonded to carbon steel. This results in a blade which will cut glass, and even abrasive materials such as glass reinforced plastic (GRP) and ceramic tiles.
- MSS Milled and side set teeth
This is the basic tooth pattern used on the entry level blades. A quick but fairly rough cut into wood, plastics and non-ferrous metals such as aluminium.
- GSS Ground and side set teeth
Fast cutting blades for use in wood.
- GTG Ground and taper ground teeth
These top quality blades give a clean, quick cut in both wood and plastic.
-MWS Milled and wavy set teeth
This pattern is used to give a fine, straight cut. It appears on wood cutting blades such as the AHW12 (T119B) and the metal and plastic cutting AMG11 (T118A)
- SSS Side set and sharpened
This configuration gives a fast, medium cut and is used on blades such as the AHGS14 (T144D)
- Reverse Cut
These blades have the tooth pattern reversed, so that they cut on the downstroke rather thean the upstroke. This prevents the splintering of decorative surfaces, such as kitchen worktops. The Addax AHC12R (T101BR) and the bi-metal AHC12Rbi (T101BRF) have this pattern.
- Curve Cut Blades
These blades have a reduced blade depth to allow them to perform curved cuts more easily. The Addax AHGS24 (T244D), AHC12K (T101AO) and AHW12K (T119BO) are examples of this type.
- RIFF or TCT grit blades
With their tough, bonded tungsten carbide grit cutting edge these blades are ideal for cutting ceramic tiles, and even glass. The Addax AD1 (T130RIFF) is used in this application.
-Extra thick blade
Jigsaw blades tend to curve slightly sideways when cutting thick wood.
To compensate for this, the Addax AHC14D (T101DP) is made from thicker plate to resist these forces.